Saturday, May 17, 2014

Fireplace Tile Before & After

I am so excited to share with you today the before and after of our family room fireplace. 

I have been drooling over carrera marble for quite some time and was anxious to use it in our house.  I love the soft whites and grays in the stone.

I thought the fireplace in our family room was the first place to start with it and would look especially good with our white mantle.

I also thought I would try something different and go with a herringbone pattern which I purchased online from Mosaic Tile Direct.  For the grout, I picked a very soft gray called "Frost".

Here is the before:

 
 and here is the after:



I have plans to renovate our kitchen this next year and was thinking of using this as a back splash, what are your thoughts?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it would look awesome in the kitchen as a backsplash. Great job!!