Friday, August 26, 2011

Another Thrift Store Light Fixture

  I have been admiring this chandelier from Overstock.com:


 It costs $140; not terrible, but $3 sounds a lot better right?!

I thought so! So when I came across this light fixture below at our local Deseret Industries for $3 and thought it resembled it, I was ecstatic!  Worth the risk at that price!  I brought it home, cleaned it up, removed the glass, and tested it to see if it worked.



Originally, I was going to spray paint it oil rubbed bronze like the Overstock one above.  However, I ended up liking the brassy finish on it and decided to leave it as it was.



I LOVE it, it really adds ambiance to the space...and for $3 YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT!


3 comments:

Seth said...

The color of it works great with your linens. I bet it would be really cool with a dinner switch. That duvet cover looks like the Vanessa floral print from Pottery Barn. It's really pretty too.

Trish Atkinson said...

Thanks Seth! It is the Vanessa floral print from PB! (good eye ;) mom told me she just got it for her AZ house. I love all the colors in it.

Jen said...

Great find! I am not a big fan of shiny brass, but I love the golden color of your light :)