Friday, July 8, 2011

Thrifting In Small Towns = Great Treasures

Elizabeth, CO is about 15 minutes from my father's ranch in Kiowa.  Several family members and I headed into the small town to hit their thrift store.  We were astounded by their selection, prices, and oodles and oodles of treasures!  Apparently, they receive all the unsold, non-picked up items from a consignment shop in Denver.  The day we went they were having a special; buy one item of clothing, get a second item of clothing for FREE!

Good stuff I tell ya!


 Here are a few things I got:


Two of my girls ride horses weekly and one needed new boots.  Scored these for $7, and they were just her size!  The hat is a fun sun hat I bought for myself, $2.5.


 This stack of metal tin scene impressed coasters were only $1!  I thought they would be a great coffee table addition.

I purchased this floral decoration for my daughter's room to go along with her botanical theme.  It was $5.  I haven't decided if I am going to keep the brown base or paint it an heirloom white and glaze it.  What do you guys think?

Last, and certainly the most inexpensive and most useful were these:


These helped keep my kids entertained for our 10 hour drive home, they were only $.50/each.

If you live in the South East Denver area which several of my readers do, go check them out!

They even have a monthly coupon for $5 off on their website.

No comments: