Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Decorating Tip Of The Month!

Painting the perfect line...

 I thought I would share my tricks on "how to" paint a perfect line and get that clean edge we are all looking for.




I always tape off the area I want to paint, then I paint over ALL of my tape with the existing wall color (making sure that I push up against the tape with a sponge brush).  By doing this, it allows the original wall color to seep into the tape and once dry it blocks off any openings that the new wall color cannot bleed through (basically the existing wall color is the one that is bleeding through). Once that dries, I then paint in the area with the new color that I want. 

Instead of using the existing wall color, I have heard success stories where people have used clear paintable caulk instead.






No comments: