Monday, April 11, 2011

Thrift Store Furniture Finds

 I have been working on redoing our guest bedroom.  This duvet is what I am designing the entire room around.  I really wanted to find some classic furniture with lots of character and pretty lines to accompany it.  Where else would I go to find what I am looking for at a bargain?  Thrift stores of course!

I purchased this piece below to use as a night stand from a local thrift store, Deseret Industries for $10!! It was an antique sewing table that was in GREAT condition. I painted it Rustoleum Heirloom White and kept the original hardware on it.

Before:





After:



 Then, I came across this baby below at the same store a few weeks later, and talked them down from $30 to $20.  After all, the drawer is obviously BROKEN.  My husband thought I was crazy and definitely thought it had seen it's last days.  But I had a vision, and was determined to give it a new life! To fix it I removed the drawer front, then headed to Lowes to find the same thickness of board and had them cut it down to match the dimensions I needed.  I also painted this piece in Heirloom White and kept the original hardware on it.  Aren't those drawer pulls awesome!?


Before:


 

 After:




I can't wait to show you the rest of the room and final "redo"

8 comments:

My Creative Intuitions said...

Wow those came out great!! Love the white! =)

Ashley @ DesignBuildLove.co said...

Great furniture makeovers!

-Ashley
www.DesignBuildLove.co

Grace Baxter said...

It's very smart to have a piece of glass cut to fit the dresser top. That will protect the top. Also, I'm glad you didn't put casters back on. It looks great!

the cape on the corner said...

man, those are so gorgeous! why don't i ever find things like that. lucky you, and they look great!

arianne said...

Beautiful and classic looking. Great work.

Seth said...

Great work, but more importantly - great imagination! I never would have been able to visualize that finished product.

Unknown said...

Custom Bookshelf

Wonderful and traditional looking. Excellent work.This is really modern furniture.

Bean Bags said...

The thrift store finds is given in the post here. Read details from here